INCORPORATE sustainable education into your classroom!
KENTUCKY GREEN AND HEALTHY SCHOOLS
Kentucky Green & Healthy Schools (KGHS) is a service learning and student-centered program that empowers students and staff to move their school toward becoming safer, healthier, and more environmentally sustainable. Through this program, a team of students, teachers and school administrators (a Green & Healthy Team) work together to improve the school facilities in 9 different categories.
This site provides sustainable science education for the next generation.
Science: focusing on renewable fuels and energy
KIDS FOR SAVING THE EARTH WORKSHEETS
From learning about air quality to simple cleaning and earth saving daily tips, tasks and challenges these worksheets provide a fun way to get your class involved.
ENVIRONMENTAL EDUCATION CURRICULUM FOR MIDDLE & HIGH SCHOOL
The No Impact Project is an international, environmental, nonprofit project, founded in the spring of 2009. It was inspired by the No Impact Man book, film, and blog.
Lesson Plan Features
Each lesson plan:
* Is FREE.
* Can be used on its own or with the other plans.
* Is grounded in curriculum standards for Social Studies, English/Language Arts, and other subject areas.
* Can be taught in one 50-minute class period.
* Is designed for use in grades 6-12, but is easily adapted for older and younger students.
* Provides the popular No Impact Man media resources to engage students and stimulate discussion. Note: It is not required to purchase the DVD and book to use the lesson plans.
* If you are an educator, school or non-profit organization that is providing environmental education in your community, we’d love to hear from you. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what you are doing and how kyGREENtv might be able to assist your efforts in the future.